The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a CEO-led, global association of some 200 companies dealing exclusively with business and sustainable development.
The Council provides a platform for companies to explore sustainable development, share knowledge, experiences and best practice, and to advocate business positions on these issues in a variety of forums, working with governments, non-governmental and intergovernmental organisations.
Members are drawn from more than 30 countries and 20 major industrial sectors. The council also benefits from a global network of some 60 national and regional business councils and regional partners.
The Council’s objectives are to:
- be a leading business advocate on sustainable development;
- participate in policy development to create the right framework conditions for business to make an effective contribution to sustainable human progess;
- develop and promote the business case for sustainable development;
- demonstrate the business contribution to sustainable development solutions and share leading practices among members;
- contribute to a sustainable future for developing nations and nations in transition.
In order to achieve this, the Council focuses on four key areas:
- Energy and Climate
- The Business Role
Browsers can sign up to the Free WBCSD Newsletter which provides access to focused analysis and insight exploring the issues connected with sustainability and examine job opportunities in the sector. Also available are a list of valuable contacts , details of regional networks and an insight into future initiatives.
This is one of the many sites featured in our collection of useful Research links located on MBS Library’s Delicious pages. These Bookmarks provide access to a wide range of evaluated professional and business research sites available online.
The Bookmarks can be accessed using the following URL: