Business news can be very useful for gaining a detailed international, national and even regional perspective on current and/or historical company/industry events. Search across international news sources, eg: newspapers, news feeds, magazines and industry trade publications, to find up-to-date information and to place events and issues in a social or political context.
How can Business News Help Me?
Use Business News to complement and enhance your company / industry research, many sources may not have the most up to date information for company / industry events. Business news can help you understand what is happening right now and monitor events as they unfold.
- Gain a detailed perspective on current/historical political issues and events
- Keep up to date with company/industry events as they unfold
- Examine political, economic and market trends
- Track company announcements/results
- Examine historic / current mergers, acquisitions, deals
- Research key political, economic or company personnel
- Gain a competitive advantage for job applications/interviews
Our primary source for business news is Factiva, providing international news (in many languages) from global, national and regional sources including newspapers, news websites, newsfeeds, stock exchange feeds, and business/industry specific magazines.
Factiva will provide news dating back to the early 1980’s. For further historical research you can also consult our Financial Times and Economist archives which provide a full text archive of every issue of the Financial Times and the Economist from the mid 1800′s including market listings, photos, adverts and indicator tables. These are great resources for understanding the impact of historical events on company/market/economic developments.
Other Business Research Posts:
Related Manchester Business Answers Questions: