Essential research app review: SciVerse Science Direct
SciVerse’s ScienceDirect is a leading full-text database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books. There are currently more than 9.5 million articles/chapters, and this content base that is growing at a rate of almost 0.5 million additions per year.
The Business & Management related content is particularly impressive, with access provided to a critical mass of over 150 prestigious and highly cited journals (as well as key reference works, handbooks and e-Books). Standout titles you can access via this platform include:
- The Handbooks in Economics Series
- Accounting Organizations and Society
- Journal of Accounting and Economics
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Financial Economics
- Long Range Planning
- World Development
All of this fantastic content can now be accessed anywhere, anytime via your mobile device. SciVerse provide support for the Iphone / Ipad, Blackberry and Android platforms. You can download the relevant app from the link below. You need to make sure that you select from the “For institutional library subscribers only” menu.
N.B. The paid version of the app provides enhanced searching features, and the option to set up alerts, which notify you when new journal content has been issued that matches your chosen search criteria.
You will also need to register once you have downloaded the app. This is a simple process, but you will not get the full range of the app’s features until this has been completed.
- First step is to visit www.sciencedirect.com/science/newregistration
- When filling out the registration form YOU MUST use the email address provided to you by MBS / University of Manchester. You can select Student / Teacher as options in the “Your Role” field
- Once you have supplied this information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You must click on the link provided in this e-mail to activate your access to SciVerse ScienceDirect mobile app.
- It is recommended that you validate your e-mail address from the mobile device as it will launch the app automatically.