Female CEOs of FTSE 350 companies
[The FTSE 350 is the 100 largest (most highly capitalised) companies (FTSE 100) plus the 250 next largest companies (FTSE 250) on the London stock exchange.]
- Katherine Lucy Garrett-Cox – ALLIANCE TRUST PLC
- Cynthia Caroll – ANGLO AMERICAN PLC
- Angela Jean Ahrendts – BURBERRY GROUP PLC
- Doctor Louise Makin – BTG PLC (British Technology Group International PLC prior to 03/1995)
- Dorothy Carrington Thompson – DRAX GROUP PLC
- Carolyn Julia McCall – EASYJET PLC
- Alison J Cooper – IMPERIAL TOBACCO GROUP PLC
- Ruby McGregor-Smith – MITIE GROUP PLC
- Lynn Rosanne Fordham – SVG CAPITAL PLC (Schroder Ventures International Investment Trust PLC prior to 05/2004)
- The Hon. Diana (Dido) Mary Harding – TALKTALK TELECOM GROUP PLC
- Kathryn (Kate) Elizabeth Swann – WH SMITH PLC
BoardEx turned out to be the easiest database to find this information. In others (e.g. Thomson One Banker, Orbis) it is possible to go from a company to director information but not to search for a company based on directors’ characteristics.
Even BoardEx has limitations since its search capabilities only covers current executives. The list above is current information – it doesn’t include Dame Marjorie Morris Scardino who was CEO of PEARSON PLC (owners of the Financial Times) until 31 December 2012.
[Image above is Google’s logo for International Women’s Day 2013]
Angela Ahrendts (CEO of Burberry) appears at no 45 in the Forbes list The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.