Changes to MBS Library facilities
The next phase of the University’s £1 billion campus redevelopment, which will transform over 20,000 square metres of teaching and learning facilities in MBS, is about to begin. To support the development, important changes to MBS library facilities are announced.
Between Monday 9 March and Monday 13 April, Eddie Davies Library, located in Devonshire House, will be vacated and its facilities will transfer across two sites. All printed resources will transfer to the lower floor of Precinct Library.
Specialist resources, including the Finance Zone and Bloomberg Suite, will transfer to a new facility at Dover Street, which will open on Monday 13 April.
Eddie Davies Library will close to all library users on Friday 20 March.
Library facilities will remain operational during the transition period, but users will experience some temporary disruption to stock access and services. Here is a summary of the key dates, activities and impact for users:
- Week commencing Monday 16 March
- Remaining book stock to relocate from Eddie Davies Library to Precinct Library.
- Eddie Davies Library to close to all library users on Friday 20 March
- Finance Zone and Bloomberg Suite access to relocate to Precinct Library from Saturday 21 March (until Sunday 12 April).
- Week commencing Monday 6 April
- Usual lending and stock access to resume at Precinct Library from Tuesday 7 April.
- Week commencing Monday 13 April
- New Dover Street facility to open to library users on Monday 13 April.
- Access to Finance Zone and Bloomberg Suite available at Dover Street.
During this phased program of activity, partial closures and contingency measures, including a retrieval service for borrowing books, will be in place at Precinct Library from Monday 9 March.
There will be also be reduced access to Finance Zone and Bloomberg Suite resources at Precinct Library, until Dover Street opens on Monday 13 April.
Precinct Library will remain operational during the transition period, but it is expected to be busier than usual and less study space will be available.
Students requiring study space are encouraged to consider other library sites across the campus, most notably Joule and Kantorowich libraries. Students should also consider accessing online resources whenever possible.
For enquiries about library services and facilities during the transition period, please speak to a member of library staff at Precinct or Eddie Davies, email email@example.com or telephone 0161 306 3200.
MBS and University Library Twitter followers can also track key updates using the hashtag #MBSchanges.