Thomson Reuters provide a series of screencast “getting started” training sessions for their products. In the past, we have highlighted these for Datastream and Thomson ONE. Today, it is the turn of SDC Platinum.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction (1:13)
- Setting up Your Search Criteria (5:05)
- Output Your Search Results as a League Table (2:17)
- Output Your Results as a Report (1:47)
- Output Your Results as an Analysis (2:27)
- Saving and Printing Your Output (1:21)
- Accessing the Standard Search Sessions (2:46)
- Defining Your Search Criteria Using a Standard Search (3:21)
- Editing an Existing League Table, Report, or Analysis (4:04)
- Creating a Custom Report (3:08)
- Creating a Custom Analysis (3:01)
- Change Your Default Output to Excel (0:55)
- Accessing SDC Customer Support (1:43)
You will need to use your University email address when you start the SDC getting started session.
Thomson Reuters provides student training resources, specifically Question & Answer sessions in the form of webinars.
The products covered are Datastream and ThomsonONE.com, although they also cover Thomson Rueters Eikon (which we do not have at The University of Manchester).
Theses sessions are free to current students of an institution that is a Thomson Reuters customer. You simply need your University email address to sign up.
- Thomson ONE: Wednesday, 11 February 2015, 2pm to 3pm (GMT)
- Datastream: Tuesday, 17 February 2015, 10am to 11am (GMT)